The Egba-Yewa Descendants Association, Washington DC Metropolitan Chapter, invites sons and daughters of Egba and Yewa Communities residing in Nigeria, to apply for scholarship fund to continue their education at any higher Institution of learning in Nigeria.
PURPOSE OF THE SCHOLARSHIPS:
1. To support Egba and Yewa Indegens who are in financial need in pursuing a higher Education.
2. To reduce the level of illiteracy in Egba and Yewa Communities.
3. To encourage young Egba and Yewa sons and daughters on education.
Sons and daughters of Egba and Yewa who have gained admission to or currently in any higher Institution of learning in Nigeria.
Applicant must demonstrate need and self-disciplined viz:
1. Good academic standing.
2. Financial needs.
3. Good behavior within and outside the communities.
PLEASE SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING:
1. Tell us about yourself and your parents in Egba and Yewa. Include your TOWN, QUARTERS, COMPOUND and LOCAL GOVERNMENT. No more than 2-page write-up.
2. Submit 2 Letters of recommendation from the following:
(i). Community leaders (Local government Chairperson, Counsellor).
(ii). Member of your compound/quarter (A relative), and,
(iii) A Passport size photo of the applicant
Address information to:
The General Secretary
Egba-Yewa Descendants Association
P. O. Box 91338
Washington, DC 20090
Upload your information electronically here
NOTICE OF AWARD
Successful candidate will be notified in writing by the General Secretary of the Association only.
METHOD OF DISBURSEMENT:
All scholarship funds will be disbursed directly to the school in application on file and upon verification by the association.
All applications must be received between January 1st, and September 30th. Application received after September 30th, will not be processed.